Matthew 28:18-20

18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

Sydney

Sydney
TEAM SYDNEY

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

First Things First

Welcome to my blog that I have set up for people to follow from now until the end of my trip to Australia! I have been asked by Campus Outreach to join a team of 11 other college students from Montevallo, Samford, and UNA to go to Sydney, Australia this summer. We will be going over there for 7 weeks to interact with the students there at the University of Sydney and University of New South Wales n hopes of sharing the gospel with the lost and helping believers grow deeper in their faith. There is a great need for Laboring Christians in Australia, especially the college campus. We will build vision for evangelizing the unreached, while learning how to better communicate the gospel in a secular world. Our hope as a team is to see the Lord bring Australians to Christ and grow them into laborers. It is also a key time for character development and gaining a Biblical view of fellowship with the Body. This is a huge opportunity along with major responsibility as there has never been anybody from Campus Outreach in Sydney, so our team will be laying the foundation for hopefully the planting of a Campus Outreach program in Sydney! My team and I are very excited about going! It is going to cost $6000 per team member. I pray that the Lord provides for all of us! I hope to keep this and you updated fairly often with whats going on leading up to departure, while we are there, and what I/We got out of the trip when we return.
-B

No comments:

Post a Comment