Matthew 28:18-20

18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

Sydney

Sydney
TEAM SYDNEY

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

G'Day Mates!

Well we finally made it to Sydney after about 30 hrs of traveling. I speak for the whole team when I say we are glad to finally of made it. The Time difference is quite different as it is 5pm Wednesday evening and it is 3 am Tuesday night(well Wednesday morning but you get it) so it is a bit crazy. Should be fine after tomorrow though. First meal we had in town was at a Thai restaurant called Don Don's. Then we went to the grocery store and Sydney is definitely expensive. I was informed by one of the girls that it is the 16th most expensive cities in the world. So we are going to have to manage our money very well and fully rely on God to provide as with our essentials just as He already has provided so much. My battery is dying and I do not have the right converter that I thought I had so I will have to update later in the week when I get a chance to recharge my computer(and myself). It is going to be a busy trip but a thrilling and adventures one as well. I am looking forward to getting in a routine here and get going on the campuses and stuff. (On a roommates computer now)We are getting settled into our apartments and they are very accommodating. Not glamourous but all the guys have our own beds. all the kitchen supplies are provided. Sheets and towels are also provided. Internet is paid for however until I can get a three prong converter my laptop is dead so I will hopefully get one soon to keep updates coming. We got to go to the Opera House and see the bridge/Harbor today and it is quite amazing. There are a few parks around so plenty of places to go for a run or enjoy some leisure in the city. So for being here less than 7 hours it seems pretty sweet so far. We wont be going to any of the campuses until monday but tomorrow and friday we will be having orientation. This city is expensive and when we have about 21 dollars a/day for food when a avg meal is 9 bucks it will be big for us to stretch the dollar! I am relieved to be here and ready to start but we all need to stay reliant on God for everything! Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you"
-B

No comments:

Post a Comment