Matthew 28:18-20

18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

Sydney

Sydney
TEAM SYDNEY

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Less than a week

I can not believe how close it is til time to leave. These past months have really flown by and not really sure where the time went. With only 4 full days to pack and get final preparations out of the way, I am only about 300 dollars short of the 6000 dollar goal. On a bigger scale though my team from the last update I received just 3 days ago was we are roughly 10,000 short. Im sure it is less than that now as I have received a little support since then but there is still a need of support as a team. So I ask for prayers as we leave that most of the support comes in but that with in the first week or 2 that all funds are submitted to Campus Outreach and we can fulfill our mission as budgeted! The Lord has been so gracious in providing so much to me these past few years and especially these past few months, its hard not to want to praise Him daily, but as human nature comes there are days I struggle to spend alone with the Lord. I ask for prayers all summer that I consume myself and heart with the Lord and less of my own desires. I am extremely excited to get to Sydney and check the place out. I hope and pray that we will be able to have great interaction with the Aussie's and have great conversations. I am very interested in just seeing how different the way they think and live compared to the American Society does. As for the weather it does not seem like it gets all that cold during the winter so I am thankful that the weather should be quite pleasant while we are there! The average high is about 68 and the average low is about 45 of the time we will be there. So for some that may be a little chilly but I find that to be the perfect weather!
During some personal development time that is allotted while in Sydney I will be focusing on Integrity and why it is so important to leadership but also just in general. I pray that as a team we see 10 people come to know the Lord. I know that may be fairly low but we were told to be faithful to the Lord but to have low expectations. I know nothing is impossible with the Lord so I know I will be blown away with what God does this summer. With talking to a few teammates here recently I know we are all really excited to be getting there and we could all use your prayers so I ask that just for the whole trip from now until we leave May 17 and until our return June 25th that we are all in your prayers. Also there are 2 other teams one heading to Armidale and another to Brisbane. Both of those teams are fairly short of support as well so keep those teams in your prayers as well.

For those of you who know me, know I play soccer and with it being 2010 it is the year for the World Cup which is in South Africa, but I hope to catch some games on TV and hopefully will be a great way to meet Aussies and minister to them through that!

one of my favorite Bible verses is Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." I think it is very important to keep in our minds constantly as well as Matthew 6:33 "Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you." These 2 verses are two that I think will keep my heart in the right place this summer as for the reason I am in Australia and to overcome fears in the forthcoming weeks.

The internet in Australia is slightly different to here in the U.S. but there are internet cafe's so I hope to have this blog updated at least once a week but bare with me if the internet is rather pricey when we get there.

Thanks and God Bless

P.S. if you click on the picture of Sydney at the top of the page it will take you to the daily news paper in Sydney so that you can keep up with the current events in Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment